Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Someone should pay me

I don't have a 401k plan, I have a Brighton collection. So far, Brighton hasn't made me any money but they have made plenty off of me. Not only do I buy it, I happily sell it others at every opportunity. Like my necklace? I won't just say thank you. I will tell you the name of the design, the four places you can get it in town and where to look online if that doesn't work. (Really, I should just learn to say thank you.) I can't help but eavesdrop when I see a man in a Brighton store shopping for his wife. If he is looking at a necklace, I show him the matching earrings or suggest the bracelet. Why do I do this? Just trying to share the love, I guess. (I'm the same way with Volkswagen Beetles.) Now mind you, I am not some shill. I was once a hardened newspaper reporter; cynicism and criticism are in my blood. But never have I regretted a dime spent on Brighton jewelry. In 10 years, I've never had a piece break or tarnish. How many things can you say that about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave a comment here.