Thursday, March 19, 2009

New release is blooming temptation


Every season Brighton releases dozens of new designs including at least one that will drop your jaw. Look for Fun Flower to be this season's big hit. With 10 charms that include an adorable watering can that opens and a delightful bee, this bracelet retails for $72, making it one of Brighton's pricier offerings in the bracelet category. I got a look at this in person today but chose to wait rather than buy. That may turn out to be a mistake. These will probably fly out of the stores if ebay traffic is a predictor: With three days left in the auction, ebayers have already bid the bracelet up to $68, which means it will likely sell for significantly more than the retail price. That happens when Brightonistas with no access to local retailers are forced to satisfy insatiable appetites online. I hestitated for three reasons: 1) I won't know what I can afford until the ebay auctions on my older Brighton pieces conclude. 2) I can't stand the earrings that go with this and I have a weakness for the oft-maligned "matchy, matchy" look. 3) The Brighton website says the piece "cross pollinates nicely with the Beehave collection." Beehave collection? No sign of that yet on Brighton's site or ebay. I can't wait; I love bees!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave a comment here.