Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Live it, love it, blog it


Count me among America's unemployed, looking for new ways to turn old obsessions into a source of income: Today I decided to start a blog dedicated to my love of all things Brighton. If you don't know what Brighton is, you don't really belong here. This site is dedicated to the diehards who cherish this jewelry which draws its value not from precious metals or gems, but from the consistently beautiful varied designs produced by Brighton's creative team. I have been collecting Brighton since 1999, when I first encountered the gorgeous silver-toned jewelry adorned with hearts (always) and flowers (sometimes.) I am a hearts and flowers kinda girl, and designs like Orchard (left) took my breath away. Soon every birthday, Christmas and Valentine's Day was an excuse to buy myself more Brighton. Not that I need an excuse. Sometimes I just need a pick-me-up after a bad day. Or a way to celebrate after a good one.
No money for jewelry? No matter. On ebay, I can sell off my old Brighton for the cash to buy new. Amazingly, pre-owned Brighton can bring 50 to 75 percent of its original retail value -- and sometimes more than 100 percent if its a popular retired piece. I have 10 pieces of Brighton listed on Ebay right now. The auctions close on Friday. Check back and I will tell you how each did compared to its original retail price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave a comment here.