Thursday, April 2, 2009

Wood you look at that beautiful jewelry!

Whenever an errand takes me me within a mile of a Brighton store, I invariably end up stopping by just to look around and see what's new. Yesterday I stopped by Wild at Heart in east Wichita, just as the shop owner was unpacking her latest shipment of Brighton, which included this butterfly necklace and other pieces from the Gretel collection. The combination of laser engraved wood with silver is yet another successful combination of textures by designers. I've always enjoyed the combinations of silver and leather and natural stone (the Imagine collection being a favorite example) and I am charmed by the inclusion of yet another natural material, wood. While the Gretel pieces have a gentle, almost lace-like feel to them, the Silverwood collection goes the other direction, as a chunky celebration of woods that will immediately appeal to anyone who ever loved to play with wooden blocks. That would include me, obviously, and the reason goes to the heart of why I am a Brightonista. I am a sensory junky: I love to experience abundant colors, textures, shapes and designs in various combinations... and Brighton never disappoints.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave a comment here.