Sunday, April 26, 2009

A new job for me and a new idea for Brighton

After four months of job hunting, your blogger is going back to work. I start my new life on May 1, as development director for our state's food bank.
No, I didn't get the job I mentioned in an earlier post, the one where I wore Balladry. Instead, it was Pop Garden I wore to the successful interview.
For you fashionistas who love details, I can tell you that this necklace with a magenta silk blouse was just the right touch for feminizing an otherwise banker-boring black suit. (No offense to bankers intended.) I also wore the matching earrings that I recently replaced.
I look forward to this new job because as much as I love Brighton, my first passion is helping people in need. And since Brighton has a passion for that, too (with its initiatives to raise money for women's heart health, breast cancer research, safe drinking water and world peace initiatives) that's just one more reason for me to love them more.
Which gives me an idea: How about a charm bracelet to raise money for feeding the hungry? Brighton already has state charms featuring an apple, a peach, a pineapple, cheese, a potato and cherries! How about it, Brighton execs?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave a comment here.