Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sending the right message at an interview


I have a job interview in 30 minutes. The front page of the newspaper is announcing thousands of more local layoffs. I have just put on a new interview suit (grey) and a cream silk shirt, hoping to send a warm-but-serious-job-candidate message. Now the fun part: Which jewelry? Which piece says warm, nurturing (its a p.r. job on behalf of a children's organization) but also mature, serious, competent? We Brightonistas know that every piece says something different. I'm thinking pearls... but not just pearls. (That says boring.) Ah, perfect: Balladry. Heart, butterfly, bird and pearls. Whimsical, warm and professional. Somewhere there is a woman who designed this for me, for today. Thank you. If today goes well, it may just become my lucky bracelet.

1 comment:

  1. I want to add a postscript here noting that today First Lady Michelle Obama wore "just pearls" to meet the Queen of England. She did not, in any way, look boring.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Leave a comment here.