Thursday, April 16, 2009

Could Little People be a designer's inspiration?


With a host of unpleasant household chores ahead of me today, I found myself willfully distracted by my Brighton ABC charm collection when I assembled this bracelet. I sat staring at it and thinking, "I've seen this somewhere before." The bold plastic colors of the Brighton spacers stirred something primal in me... I am four again, lining up my favorite colorful toys, the Little People, in my mind once again arranging furniture in their home, deck chairs on their yacht, playground equipment by their school, fencing around their barn and luggage on their plane. The memory of pure play is like a drug, and I think, Wait! That's the same high I get from arranging these little charms, spacers and beads. Coincidence? I don't think so. Maybe, just maybe, on some subconcious level a Brighton desiger had Little People on her mind when she came up with these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Leave a comment here.